Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feeling Better

Ok I feel better than I did yesterday, I could barely talk above a whisper yesterday, I mean all day, no voice and when I tried it hurt........so I was really hoping that by this morning I would be feeling better............well I am !!! I still lose my voice........it was funny...........I was talking with a normal voice, then in the middle of it, boom the voice was gone...........it came back..........and doesn't hurt as bad, the coughing is driving me crazy. I get out of breath very easily, but other than that I do feel much better than I have been. I finished a square for the Mania swap..........and its below.




I used Camo Pink yarn and really liked how it came out. Very easy
I did this bag for a Valentine swap...............I did this last night.
Ok above is a Clover Hook...........I found this at Michaels for 6 dollars............now I personally think this is too much money to pay for a hook..........but it really does make a difference when I use it...........so I fell in love with it and was telling my mother today that I really need to get the other sizes...........this one is an
"H" size............but paying 6 dollars for them a piece was not something I was looking forward to...................soooooooooooo, when I was at WalMart tonight, I made my way back to crafts to see if they had gotten any new hooks in..............I was hoping, and sure enough, there was this package, "Ergonomic Handles and Crochet Hooks" Woohoo, not only did this have two handles...... but also hook heads in sizes F-K.............6 hooks!!!! All the sizes I mainly use! But that is not all.........

Check out the pretty purple zipper case it comes with.............I mean this was my payday!!!.............This was WOW!! I no longer cared that I was sick, or the crowds of shoppers out at night.
Here is the inside..............its so cool, and I can't wait to use it tonight.................It was only 20 dollars.............and talk about cheap!!! if I had gone and bought the Clover hooks indivually, it would have cost me over 30 dollars..........and this has two handles and a case to carry them in...........Anyway just had to brag about my find.

I am off to clean up the house and crochet. AJ has Friday and Monday off from school, and is looking forward to the "holiday"

4 comments:

Zarah said...

My mom was just looking at that hook set not too long ago - I can't believe you found it at WalMart! I can't wait to let her know! You totally scored, I'm excited for you :)

Amanda said...

Let me know what you think of the hook set...I was looking at one at Wal-Mart, but wasn't sure I'd like it. How do you hold your hooks?

Dragonflymom said...

Hi Amanda.........I love the hooks, I have only used the straight thicker one...........and hold it like the regular crochet hook.....it took some getting use to........but i LOVE it..........I have not tried using the other one yet......will let you know.

Crafty Christina said...

Glad you're feeling better! Nice hook! I love the bag with the heart on it...too cute!